Fans of Scandinavian midcentury design will love Marianne Westman's Picknick design. Originally launched in 1956, Picknick features an array of Scandinavian foods laid out ready for an al fresco feast.
Re-released in 2010 by Swedish company Almedahls, this fabulous retro design is ideal for endless projects, from curtains and blinds to cushions and clothing.
Just thread a needle and let your imagination run riot!
Warning: Last items in stock!
In 1846 Hans H Wesslau started producing linen fabrics in Örgryte outside Gothenburg. The factory got its name from his daughter Alma, and still today the name of the district is Almedal.
Through the years Almedahls has collaborated with a number of well-known designers and created many classic fabric designs that have decorated castles to cabins. Their aim is to carry forward knowledge and handicraft traditions from times past to future generations.
|Vertical Repeat||64 cm|
|Care Advice||Wash 40ºc (5% shrinkage) Do not tumble dry|
Important Information When Ordering Fabric
We want you to be delighted with your fabric choice. As
- We aim to hold stock of all of our fabrics, however there may be occasions when we have to order your fabric from Sweden. In this instance delivery is usually within 14 days and you will be notified by email immediately.
- We recommend customers order a sample of fabric before purchasing. Images online are as accurate as possible to match the product, but computer monitors vary greatly.
- You can order up to six individual fabric samples. Although free, a small charge of £1.50 will be added to cover p&p.
- Samples are intended as a representation of colour and texture only, and will not show the whole design.
- Fabric roll batch variations can occur. If
- Natural fabric will often have small
- On receiving your fabric please inspect carefully before cutting, as cut lengths cannot be returned, nor can we be held responsible for any making up costs of curtains, blinds or upholstery.
- If you have any queries do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help and advise.